· Actively pursue new business on a daily basis and maintain thorough territory knowledge of prospects and competitive products.
· Respond quickly to customer questions and needs and resolve customer issues. Provide 24-hour, 7-day-a-week on-call service to customers and potential customers.
· Provide BIOTRONIK with accurate reports on sales activities and new business forecasts in the manner requested.
· Maintain a high degree of ability in analyzing patient problems and adjusting BIOTRONIK pacemakers to resolve those problems.
· Provide pacemaker and ICD follow-up to BIOTRONIK patients and physician customers on demand and/or when needed.
· Provide technical assistance, such as programming, troubleshooting, pacemaker clinic, in-service training, when and where needed.
· Provide pacemaker and ICD implant support within area of geographic responsibility on demand and/or when needed.
· Maintain a competent and current level of knowledge in cardiac pacing, defibrillators and electrophysiology in general. Maintain a comprehensive product and technical knowledge of all BIOTRONIK bradycardia and tachycardia products.
· Maintain a comprehensive product and technical knowledge of competitive products including features, functions and benefits.
· Utilize all services provided by BIOTRONIK to increase sales, such as (1) Corporate Physician Visitation, (2) Advanced Device, Technology and Therapy programs, (3) Corporate executive visits, and (4) Local Sales management.
· Maintain accurate records of expenses and judiciously spend BIOTRONIK funds in the pursuit of business.
· Travel is required and necessary in order to promote, sell and service BIOTRONIK accounts in the territory specified in the Employment Offer and Employment Offer Addendums.